Dental Cleaning Dismissal
Your cat had their teeth cleaned with an ultrasonic cleaning today. This will help keep your cat's teeth and gums healthy! A few things to note for the next few days:
· Your cat may be a bit groggy tonight. This is from a combination of the anesthesia, and the sedatives and morphine your cat was given prior to the procedure.
o Please restrict your cat's activity tonight, possibly even just putting in a room with water and a litter box, and leaving alone.
· For tonight, your cat may have moist food and water, but no hard food until tomorrow.
o This is to avoid the risk of your cat choking on dry food when still groggy.
· As of tomorrow, your cat may resume normal activity and food.
· Since your cat now has nice clean polished teeth, there are a few things you can do to try and help keep them this way.
o Ideally, if your cat would let you brush their teeth, that would be the best thing. Sadly though, most cats do not agree with this.
§ If you would like to try doing this, please ask us for a demonstration, or check out our website for instructions.
§ Please use a soft bristled brush and cat or dog toothpaste, do not use human toothpaste.
§ You may also wipe the teeth with a damp paper towel if you are unable to use a toothbrush, although the bristles in the toothbrush will be more effective. We do have a rinse that you can wipe on their teeth in place of toothpaste.
o If your cat will not let you brush their teeth, the next best thing in physical cleaning is to give them daily tartar treats, or to mix a tartar diet such as Science Diet Oral Care or T/D in with their regular food to help scrape the sides of the teeth more effectively when they eat.
· It will depend on your cat's genetics, and any home care you are able to give the teeth as to when another dental cleaning will be needed
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at All Feline Hospital at 402-467-2711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.