Congratulations for getting your cat neutered!
A few things you need to know for after the surgery:
1. Please watch the incision area under the tail for any signs of drainage, redness, or swelling.
- It is normal to have some swelling after surgery, to the point of even looking like surgery was not done. However, if you think the swelling is excessive, or you want to err on the side of caution, please call us, and we would be happy to take a look.
2. Your cat may return to normal activity the next day after surgery.
3. If your cat was already starting to show signs of puberty and marking territory or becoming aggressive with other cats, it can take up to 3 months for the hormones to completely come out of his system after being neutered.
- If this is too long for you, please let us know, and we can discuss behavioral therapy for the next three months.
If at any time, your cat acts like he does not feel well, if he is lethargic, not eating, or vomiting, or if you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us at All Feline Hospital at 402-467-2711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Printable Neuter Dismissal